Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Today I cried like a baby in walmarts parking lot.

After I got off work today I went to mamas and then Nikki, Drex and I went to walmart to do a little grocery shopping. I pushed Drex around and he was busy checking out all the merchandise, smiling and talking to me. I love how every once in a while he would catch his mama walking by and he'd just stare at her. Nikki went back to work Monday and he has been staying with my mama. He seems to be adjusting really well. He is such a happy baby.
Drex's dedication at church, more on his blog.
As we were putting our groceries...well Nikki was putting the groceries in the car and I was putting Drex in the car and I lost my grip on the left side of his car seat. I didn't drop him but as my hand was grasping for the seat while the seat was falling my hand slapped....I tear up just typing the word slapped....his little face. It wasn't a hard slap...it really kinda grazed it but it cared him and he started screaming. I couldn't get him out of that seat fast enough to love him up. So today I stood in the parking lot and cried.....hard, I was still snubbing (as my mama calls it) on my way home. The thought that I hurt that child kills me.

8 comments:

Belinda said...

Well, I can certainly understand how you felt! I'm terrified of hurting Winston and sometimes when I accidentally do something that might cause him discomfort, I agonize over it for days. Maybe it's a grandmother thing...

Oka said...

Would it make you feel any better if I told you what my Mom did to Sean when he was about 6 months old???

Kmama said...

Aww, honey. He won't remember. I realize that doesn't make you feel any better, but accidents happen.

I totally pinched Buddy's finger in the buckle when he was really young. It literally hurt ME too.

Stasha said...

It was an accident! I know you feel terrible about it but look at the bright side: He wasn't injured!

I thought I broke Kaylee's arm when she was about 3 months. I had just given her a bath and had her laying on my bed so I could lotion her up and I grabbed her arm and she rolled over and her arm went behind her back funny and she started screaming... Scared me to death. She was crying and I was crying along with her. She wasn't injured, it just hurt a lil was all...

The good thing with babies is they bounce back from stuff like that so well!

Just keep lovin' that cute lil baby like you've been doing! You're a TERRIFIC grandma!

Rhonda said...

Sending hugs your way, hon. I know that it broke your heart, but I am sure that he knows his grandma loves him. I watch your blog and see you talk about that little man from the bottom of your heart. You're a good grandma, Lisa. Don't even forget that.

Evonne said...

I hate moments like this! It was an accident but it still breaks our hearts.

My daughter was jumping around while waiting to get in the car. I hit her in the head with the door. I felt like the worst mom ever!

Anonymous said...

I bet it is harder to have these little oop's with your grandbabies than it is when it is your own kids.

((hugs))

Lothiriel said...

Aaaawwwwwwwwww.....!! I know exactly how that feels. One morning i got up sleepily and picked Emma up and brought her to bed with me.
I was falling back asleep when she stuck her fingers inside my nostrils and scratched it!! It pulled me out my dream in pain! I reacted without thinking and shoved her away really hard. In less than a second later, i realized what i had done. My baby gave me this look that still makes me cry today. Her eyes were wide, and her pouty bottom lip was quivering. My poor baby broke crying, as I held her. I cried too!! I felt so terrible that I hurt my baby like that.