Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I got a box of goodies!!

I went to a thrift store today and look at what I got!
A BIG box of goodies.




It was all in a box with the box inside a HUGE ziplock bag.




See the old man head? He has a mop body....wondering what to do with him.

Here's a close up of him.

Millinery flowers...bags and bags of them!

See how pretty?

It also had a bag full of garters...like brides wear. ????


I got the whole box for $6, here's a few of the things that was in the box.
bag of white feathers
beads
Christmas patterns
flowers
photo frames
hair clips....(might need to learn how to make some bows for these.)
plaster of paris molds
plaques
ribbon
baskets
cording
stencils....lots of stencils

And a lot more.

I think I'm going to add some of the millinery flowers to etsy and maybe the patterns too. The patterns are from Avon....When did Avon sell patterns?

Stay warm!




4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hey girlio, I was on my way to bed and thought that I would stop by and see what you have been up to. Wow! You have been busy with lots of goodies haven't you? I love the little old man mop head. Too funny! Have a great night hon.

Jessica said...

What thrift store did you find all of those goodies at?? Im jealous :) Do share where you went so I can stop by soon!

Patti said...

Good for you! You will have lots of fun creating.
Love the old man mop head.
I haven't been to the thrift store lately.
The sad thing is I have no room. My craft room is running over. Our house is only 1000 Sq feet. We down sized five years ago. I keep telling my husband we need to get rid of the dishes so I could use the kitchen cabinets for scrap storage. He doesn't listen.

mollycoddle said...

That old man mop head is hilarious. Some of the things I find at thrift stores (like that one) I think, what the...? Hilarious - oh, by the way, I'm Kelly and was one of your blog swap-bot partners.