Thursday, November 6, 2008

Almost finished....I hope


This is the top to my wardrobe thingy. It's the only piece that was ruined where I'd have to replace it. Thankfully my FIL has a piece of veneer I can have to replace it. Apparently the lady that had it had loaded it into her truck and left it outside til the next day...and it rained! Oh well her loss is my gain.

This is the inside of the drawers. I decoupaged old hymnal pages and then went over them several times with stain. This was after just once with the stain.

This is behind the little mirrored door in the middle. I might have went a lil crazy with this one...too much decoupage?

Behind long doors that have the chicken wire. I put some heart and flower trim on edges and painted the inside a creamy yellow. I also put the hymnal pages on the shelves,not sure if that's going to stay or not yet....still pondering that one.

Before shelves were put in and those white pages were stained. There's no top on it right now so the lil archy thing (don't you love how I can't think of words) is off. I have some old material that looks like feed bags but isn't that I'm thinking of putting behind the chicken wire. Still pondering that one too.

2 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the decoupaged drawers - just awesome!!

LaY hOoN said...

Clever you to decoupage the drawers.