Monday, February 8, 2010

The phone call you dread and anticipate at the same time.

So Wednesday I went to the dr. and was tested for RA and some other things. They called this afternoon and the test is high for rheumatoid arthritis.
They are setting me up with an appointment with a rheumatologist.
(Not sure about that spelling and don't wanna check.)

So If anyone has any info on this and would like to share it would be appreciated.
My cholesterol is also high so I guess I'll be going on that diet after all.


because every post should have a pic.
i love frogs....



11 comments:

Rhonda said...

Dang girl, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope that the doc can fix you right up. I have no info on it. sorry.

Oka said...

That sux, hope they can find a way to make living with it comfortable.

Oka said...

((((Lisa))))

Liz Mays said...

Good that you know but yeah, life changes....

Janie B said...

I was afflicted with RA for a while and guess I still have it to a certain extent. It was caused by a much worse problem. I have autoimmune hepatitus. My immune system started attacking different parts of me. My joints were the 2nd noticeable thing attacked. I was on all kinds of meds until my liver was attacked and then I was finally diagnosed with a.hep. Now I'm on a low dose of steroids for life to suppress my immune system. It has taken away my RA symptoms. I hope you aren't THAT bad. It's no fun. Good luck.

Michelle | UPrinting said...

I am really sorry to hear about this. I'm afraid that it is the first time I have hear of it so I could not help out. But I hope you get well soon!

Shell said...

Sending prayers your way!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh man I wish I knew more to give help. Hugs!

Tammy said...

Hang in there girl! I swear I started falling apart when I turned 40. I don't have any experience with RA but I have had vertigo, HBP, Depression, Foot issues and surgery for it, then all the girly problems that can arise...ugh! I will be your cheerleader on that diet you may have to go on!

Barb said...

One of my good friends has RA. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

gayle said...

Sorry to hear this!! I am sure the docs will be able to help you feel good as new!