Friday, October 17, 2008

One of many things....


This is one of many things that has kept me away from the computer lately. It's my pie safe (well that's what I'm calling it) I got it at a junk store for $85. I can't remember if I've mentioned it before or not but I've gotten some progress on it and wanted to show y'all.




I haven't done anything to the inside of it yet....I'm thinking of painting the inside a cream color or finding some retro or vintage wallpaper and papering it. I've been really busy trying to get the blue paint off of it and with the stripping and sanding my hands are to tired to really type.



This is what it's looking like right now. I have a pecan stain I'm going to put on it when I finish with the sanding part.



I think it's going to look really good in my dining room! I have my memaws old chiffrobe, (spl) I plan on doing the same thing to it when I finish this piece.


As for my mama,she's at home and doing good. Dr said it will take her a while to get her strength back up. She had a kidney infection go crazy on her....that's the only way I know how to put it. It didn't help that they gave her morphine for pain. When did they start giving morphine for any pain? I know hers was bad but I thought morphine was for dying people and people who had surgery.

I hope you guys have a great evening and I'm going to try to catch up tonight or tomorrow....promise.


5 comments:

Betsy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. That is going to be a beautiful piece. Can't wait to see the finished product.

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hi sweetie!
Thanks for visiting my blog....and I LOVE your pie safe! Can't wait to see what you do with it...but, even if you don't---it still is a great piece.

My prayers are with you and your mom and family! Have a great weekend...xo..deb (the junkin' yaya)

Sarah and Jack said...

That really is an interesting piece of furniture. Not really armoire, not really pie safe, somewhere in the middle! LOL Can't wait to see the finished project.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your piesafe!!Decoupaging the shelves with old books was a most inspsired idea - I will be sure to check back for the pics. Have a great week :)

Mescrap said...

Ooh ...This is so beautiful !!

* from I love your blog swap ~ 2